Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Dr. Martens 1460 Boot

I've blogged about them before, I've been obsessed with them for so long... so why haven't I gotten them yet? Am I afraid of what people might think when they see me wearing them? Will they in turn look overly bulky on my feet? I'm not sure of these questions. What I am sure about however is that I can definitely see myself wearing "smooth cherry red Doc Martens" with black skinny jeans, and a gray crew-neck, walking along the city streets going to the drugstore or doing some last minute shopping in Back Bay before getting dressed up for a night out. The thing is, I don't plan on wearing these boots as a statement. I plan on wearing them to make me look cooler than ever, and to give off an I-don't-care-thats-why-I-wear-Doc Martens- and not ballet flats to be comfortable kind of vibe. I think that they can be thought of as a sort of basic staple that everyone of a certain style should have in there closet, like the hipper, trendier version of moccasins or riding boots. Riding boots... overplayed by the way, but thats a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment