Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Style Spotter #11


Alyse Algera, a biology major here at UMB, shows off her casual yet sophisticated style, blending neutrals with black basics for a classic and simple look. Alyse wears a cropped camel pea coat from Zara, a long black sweater purchased at H&M, an American Apparel black fitted cotton skirt, and black nylon tights from Target. Brown leather boots from Bakers complete the look, while her studded Gianni Notaro bag adds a dash of color with its bold forest-green shade of leather. I caught up with Alyse in the campus center to ask her a few questions about her look:

How do you describe your style?
“Eclectic. I go for everything. I mix classic staples with more trendy things.”

Where do you typically like to shop?
“I really love Zara. I kind of shop everywhere. I also frequent H&M.”

Who’s style do you admire most?
Rachel Bilson’s style. She always looks very put together and classic.

Anywhere else you look towards for inspiration?
I read a lot of fashion blogs on Tumblr, and my two favorite fashion magazines are Vogue, and Nylon. 



1 comment: