Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Style Spotter #9


Dara Rattanasone, a health science major here at UMB, shows off her laid back and comfortable-cool style full of layers, fall neutrals, and great accessories. Dara, whose outfit is perfect for staying both trendy and warm on a cool fall day, wears a light brown leather jacket from Express, a ruffled white tank and cardigan from Forever 21, black leggings also from Express, and stylish chunky black leather boots purchased from Nordstrom. Her outfit is complimented by her stand-out accessories which include a tweed hat from Macy’s, a ruffled tweed scarf from Nordstrom, metallic rose-shaped earrings from Forever 21, and of course the classic staple Louis Vuitton “neverfull” tote bag. I asked Dara a few questions about her style:

How would you describe your style?
“Comfortable, while at the same time being trendy. It’s important for me to keep warm in the cold weather. You don’t have to be revealing to look trendy.”

Where do you typically like to shop?
“I like to shop at Express, Forever 21, and H&M. I like Forever and H&M because they have a good variety but at the same time it’s affordable, especially since I’m a college student.”

What inspires your outfit choices?
“It’s more of a personal interest, like if I go to a store and see something I like. I like neutral colors, nothing too vibrant. “

What are some staples in your closet right now?
“Leggings because they’re comfortable and warm. Also loose-fitted cotton tops to balance everything out. I love things I can layer and accessorize.” 


4 comments:

  1. I love this blog first of all. I love the style spotter blogs that you post. Plus the pictures that you include are awesome. I love reading the description and then actually seeing what the outfit looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I have absolutely no interest in fashion and I despise shopping. However, these style spotter blogs that you do seem great for you! As someone who clearly has an acute eye for trends and an appreciation for fashion, this is a really nice way for you to use your writing and organization skills. They are really well done and the photographs that accompany them are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool concept here. I'm just wondering if you go around and stop strangers for style spotting or are these people that you know around campus? Either way, it's ambitious and fun!

    ReplyDelete