Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Style Spotter #10

Carolyn, a business management major, displays her girly yet tough style by matching and pairing unexpected elements throughout her whole ensemble. Carolyn wears a light chiffon flowered dress from H&M synched with a pretzel style metallic belt from T.J. Maxx, and matching taupe H&M tights to pull the similar hues all together. Carolyn contrasts the different shades of taupe and muted feminine neutrals with edgy pieces in black such as her cropped leather jacket from H&M and offbeat but on-trend combat-style leather boots purchased from a boutique in SoHo, New York City.  Her accessories include sunglasses from Urban Outfitters, and a pair of oversized pearl earrings bought at a vintage store in Cambridge. We asked Carolyn a few questions about her charismatic and unique sense of style:

How do you describe your style?
“I would definitely say fun and outgoing. Not boring. One day I can look completely girly and the next I can be grunge.”

Where do you like to shop?
“H&M, T.J. Maxx, Urban Outfitters. American Apparel because you can get so many basics and I love their tights. I also get a lot of my stuff from vintage stores because no one else is going to have what you buy.”

What inspires and influences your sense of style?
“I read Harper’s Bazaar a lot so I get a lot of inspiration from those pictures. I also attend New York Fashion Week every September and February. I definitely take a lot of what I see on the runway and put my own spin on it.”

What is your favorite item in your closet right now?
 “A sequined mini-dress I just got from a vintage store.”

If you like Carolyn’s style follow her very own fashion blog-
www.hiddengemsfashion.com

1 comment: