Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fab Four Inspiration


So the Beatles were finally digitally released on itunes last week (woohoo I've had every CD and some vinyl for years now). Even though most fans already own the albums it gives new generations of potential listeners an opportunity to be exposed to the greatest band that ever was. However, with all this talk of the Beatles lately, I must admit my love for them has been reignited. Especially seeing George Harrison on all the commercials itunes has been cranking out playing alongside "Yesterday." George Harrison ('the quiet Beatle') is also my favorite Beatle. He's so underrated behind the Lennon/McCartney songwriting partnership, but he has written some of my favorite songs, like 'Something' and 'Here Comes the Sun.'
I'm putting up pictures of George Harrison and Patti Boyd (Harrison's first wife), because I think these pictures are stylish and inspirational. For a time she was a model in the 60s and also his muse, inspiring songs like 'Something' and later when married to Eric Clapton songs like 'Layla' and 'Wonderful Tonight.' Imagine what it would have been like to be a Beatles' wive or girlfriend at the time of Beatlemania? Insane.


2 comments: