Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Style Spotter #1

So I also have started writing for the "Style Spotter" in my school newspaper mass media. This is the first time anything like this has been a part of the arts and style section and its basically going to evaluate the street style of real umass boston students around campus. I take a picture, I pretend I'm writing for "fashion copycat" in lucky magazine and bada bing bada boom. Anyway heres my first one so far:   


    In the fashion purgatory I like to call the summer/fall transition period, a Chemistry major named Katie seems to have gotten it right. With a self-proclaimed style she refers to as "varied" and a complete disinterest in brand names and designers alike, Katie has put together an outfit based on a wardrobe of garment district thrift and "clothing swaps" with friends.     
    On a cold and rainy day not long before the start of the semester, Katie combined layers of clothing, which is the key to transitioning from one season to another. She wore a long-sleeved gray cotton shirt with a tasteful linen scarf in green. The bottom half of her outfit she kept light, tucking dark leggings into tall black leather boots with gold hardware accents. 
    Katie's outfit proves that switching seasons is about light layering and that looking fashionable doesn't always mean brand names.

No comments:

Post a Comment