Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Monday, September 27, 2010

The other mystery of Etta Place

I just watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for the first time this weekend... and I loved it. I work as a waitress at a rib joint, and all along the walls are different pictures from old westerns. There has always been one picture on the wall that I've wondered about since my days of working there during high school. There was a girl in the middle dressed as a cowboy, but she still looked so beautiful. Turns out on Wednesday I had a table- my last table at the end of the night, and the man sitting there started identifying a lot of the pictures so I started talking about the ones I knew and the movies I had seen. I finally asked him about the picture that always intrigued me... he responded to  me by saying, "Oh come on, don't tell me you've never seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Its a classic, you gotta see it." So as it turns out I had put it on my list of movies to watch especially after discovering that it was On Demand last week. As it happens that beautiful girl from the middle of the picture is Katherine Ross, also from one of my other favorite movies, The Graduate. That picture makes me want to dress up in a pair of worn in Levis, my old riding boots, and get on a horse riding through the Old West. I love everything about it, and am so happy my mystery has been solved.
P.S. Did you know that Robert Redford named The Sundance Festival after his role as the Sundance Kid in this movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment