Trends, Tips, and Snippets

This Blog was created due to my obsession with list making and keeping all of the things I wanted to buy organized. Eventually there were just too many lists, so I decided to start this, a blog where I could keep all of my thoughts, ideas, and prospective shopping all in one place.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Coral-itis

I think it is truly time for me to start my own blog, I have so many ideas and so many things that I want to buy that this seems the only realistic way left for me to organize it all... yes the summer of 2010 seems like a good time to start. I want a place where I can post photographs of other stylish people i see on the street, pictures of things i see on the runway, and of course links and pictures to all the trends I am currently observing.
And since this is the summer of 2010 and all I thought that I would start with something so simple and fresh its seems close to amazing what this color can do to transform your look: coral. Coral on lips, coral on nails, coral on cheeks, but coral only on one place at a time of course. There is something about coral that seems so summer ready, not quite pink, not quite orange, it looks amazing with a tan and so utterly chic in a summery beachy kind of way. I love how it looks in a glossy lip color, or a bright nail color, and if your going to but a lip/rouge on cheeks as well.
First off Korres is this new great, all natural brand from Greece, whose products are clean, moisturizing, and smell great. Their lip butter is a moisturzing lip color that comes in a small pot and costs only $10. The color mango is the perfect way to where the coral trend subtley but effectively, and you can find it at sephora.

The next lip color is a bit more expensive than the Korres lip butter at $30 dollars but I'm obsessed. The texture of this YSL gloss (yes thats right, I just typed gloss) is amazing, and thats because it comes in a stick. Yves Saint Laurent's 'GLOSS VOLUPTÉ' is an amzing hybrid of both gloss and lipstick. I love thats these cross breeds are becoming more and more common among make-up brands. It seem companies and customers alike are catching on to this gloss in a stick which has all the comfort of easy application and sensuality of a lipstick, while being virtually mistake-proof and as quick of a fix as gloss (without all that sparkle, fade, and stickiness). The color "Tangy Orange" is all together bright in a subtle kind of way which will have people wondering how you got your lips exuding summer as they do.
For nails its as simple as OPI's "On Colins Ave." OPI is obviously my first choice when it comes to nail color especially in the summer since it comes in a vast array of bright and tangy treats that My girlfriends and I utterly devour. On Colins Ave is a crowd pleaser. Not a wear goes by that I dont have at least 5 different women asking me what color I'm wearing and how great of a shade it is for summer. Ummmm I already know this!!! Why do you think its such a summer nail staple for me?
Last but not least is the pot rouge that does it all, Bobbi Brown's "Cabo Coral." This color is fantastic because it combines the perfect amount of both orange and pink and can double as a lipcolor or creamy blush. The website describes it as a "pink nectar" and it was also featured in Junes issure of lucky. At $22 dollars this duo is priced perfectly, but don't go looking for it at Sephora like I did. Bobbi Brown is one of the only make-up lines that Sephora doesn' carry so try a department store ike Bloomies or Macy's instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment